Your home away from home

Your home away from home

Monday 20 January 2014

On Tour!

Back in October of last year, I worked as a trip guide on a short tour for Eternal Landscapes. The travellers stayed at my home and we also visited the Orkhon Valley and Khogno Khan Nature Reserve. I worked for Jess at Eternal Landscapes and really enjoyed the tour. It's a way of making a little extra money for my family and also sharing my homeland with others. I love to cook and I also spent time teaching Mongolian recipes.


This is me together with the Russian Furgon 4x4. It is a great vehicle! This photo was taken by one of my October travellers.
 My ger guesthouse provides my main living. However, because most visitors come during July for the Naadam Festival, spring and autumn can be very quiet here. If this spring and autumn are quiet then I will work again as a trip guide for Jess. Our October travellers said that:

'Gaya was excellent. She was very bubbly and made us very comfortable. We exchanged many recipes. I think we fell in love with Mongolia because of Gaya.'


This is me together with one of my October travellers and Sandag, a very good friend and an Eternal Landscapes driver. We are next to the Orkhon River
If you are short on time, you can always visit me directly from Ulaan Baatar. Once here in Kharkhorin I can arrange for you to visit locations outside of my town. I would not be able to join you on a trip but would organise it between my great friends - such as my friends Battumur and Jargal who are herders within the Orkhon Valley.


This is one of my guest gers taken by my traveller in October. I think this is a great photo of my home!
If you like the sound of visiting Kharkhorin, my ger guesthouse is open to all travellers. Please just get in touch - I am happy to help and would love to welcome you to my home.

Thank you for spending time on my blog. I will be back soon.

Saikhan Amraarai, Gaya

No comments:

Post a Comment