Your home away from home

Your home away from home

Sunday 16 February 2014

The Year of the Horse

January 31st was the start of the Mongolian New Year - we celebrate the lunar new year and this year is the year of the horse. I prepared for New Year together with my family - we made around 1000 buuz - Mongolian mutton dumplings.

The night before new year is called 'Bituun' this is when we all come together to eat - this means we will always be full for the following year. Family is a very important part of our new year and we all come together.

Together with my family -  my younger brother Puujeee, my sister-in-law Erka and their son Hashaa. Also with my mother Chatral and my two daughters Ganju and Nomioko

Before New Year, my mum was also busy making deels - the traditional Mongolian tunics. In Mongolia, we always prepare for the new year by making or buying new clothes and also by cleaning our homes. 

Although my ger guesthouse is open all year, I'm looking forward to spring when Mongolia starts to receive more visitors.  Our visitors help to support my family but most of all I enjoy learning from our guests.

Winter in Kharkhorin 
My ger guesthouse is open to all travellers. Please just get in touch - I am happy to help and would love to welcome you to my home.

Thank you for spending time on my blog. I will be back soon.

Saikhan Amraarai, Gaya

No comments:

Post a Comment